Varicocele has been proven to be one of the major causes of treating infertility in males. It is usually developed due to any abnormalities in the scrotum. To know more about it; scrotum is skin-covered sac which holds testicles and also includes arteries and veins to deliver blood to the reproductive glands.
A varicocele occurs because of the enlargement of veins within the scrotum. It causes to decrease the sperm production and infertility in males. Severe conditions may also result in the shrinkage of testicles as well. It is one of the most common diseases which is found in 15% of the adult male population and is most common at the age of 15 to 25.
Fortunately, there are various methods to fix varicocele naturally which are useful as well. You are going to get detailed information about symptoms, causes, and treatment of this disease.
Symptoms of Varicocele: – Varicocele is a disease which often produces no signs and symptoms. Some of the cases face pain.
- Pain caused due to the Varicocele varies from sharp to dull discomfort depending upon the situation.
- The patience faces more pain while standing or having some physical exertion, especially for the longer periods.
- Pain also increases during the day, and the patients get a relief from it once laid on your back.
- It also results in the impaired fertility as well.
- Varicocele got more noticeable with time.
- Formation of lump on one of the testicles of the patient
- Swelling in the scrotum
Causes of Varicocele: – Varicocele occurs due to the poor functioning of any of the blood vessels present in the scrotum. The spermatic cords carry blood to and from the testicles. Certain times the blood supply inside the veins of scrotum gets stopped which results in the deposition of the same in blood and hence results in enlarged. It is not the condition which you get by sudden; it is a slow process which usually develops over a period of time. Most of the time Varicoceles are formed during the puberty period and most like to affect the position of the left testicular vein.
Treatment of Varicocele: – Varicocele is the condition which is usually diagnosed by a qualified doctor after physically examining the patient. One can’t diagnose it while lying down. The doctor has to examine your testicles in both of the situations, i.e., while you are standing up as well as lying down. You are advised to get treatment for Varicocele as soon as possible if you are facing pain, causing testicular atrophy, and infertility. One can easily prevent this annoying situation, i.e., discomfort caused by it and to fix varicocele just by wearing tight underwear or a jock strap. Moreover, one should also need to face treatment such as varicocelectomy and varicocele embolization if the conditions get worst.
- Varicocelectomy: – It is a surgical method which includes same-day surgery to be done in a hospital under the guidance of a well-qualified doctor. The procedure is usually done by a urologist who clamps up the abnormal veins and hence makes the blood flow around veins to the normal ones.
- Varicocele embolization: – It is another best method to get relief from such annoying situation. It is less invasive than that of Varicocelectomy and also can be completed within a day. This procedure includes the insertion of the catheter into a groin or neck vein followed by placing a coil into the catheter and in the varicocele as well which further prevents the blood from being moving down to the abnormal veins.
One is not prescribed for the surgery until the condition is causing pain or infertility in the patient.
Varicocele is one of the most common diseases causing infertility in men. The condition arises due to the blocking of blood inside the veins of the scrotum, and hence prevention of the blood flows in the other ones. Using tight underwear is one of the best methods to fix varicocele naturally. It does not need to be treated cured every time until it is causing discomfort, pain or infertility in the patients. If the condition gets worse, the patient needs to be undergone some surgical procedures to get rid of it.